Today

Today was a simple day. I cooked meals, kissed my kids, and went to the grocery store. You know, nothing extraordinary, but it was good. I was hoping on going to a Halloween party but didn't get to. Jason couldn't go with me and taking my two little lovelies to a party alone may have done me in. So, here I am feeling a little reflective. After three months at home with my husband and children, I head back to work on Monday. Today reminds me to take a deep breath and enjoy it. Being a momma of two and wife to my love is busy. I forget to open my heart to my Lord and thank Him for the beauty that He is and the grace and mercy He gives. So here are a few of my favorite moments from today.

1. Calvin and I made a caramel apple dessert this morning. He mixes with me and dumps ingredients in. He loves to crack eggs which is always interesting. Today he discovered that batter is good. My little dude is a picky one and would never even try it! So first it was a fingertip of taste, then the finger and shortly after that a fist full of batter. It was beautiful and messy. That batter dripping all down his arm and onto the counter he was sitting on. His smile was priceless. His toddler giggles full of pleasure and sweetness.

2. I met my sister to jump her car. Despite her being in a very difficult season, she always delights in what I delight in. She looks outside of herself and chooses to love and treasure things that I do. She treated me and Calvin to all sorts of little sweet somethings. What gratitude and fortitude in a time like this.

3. We ate dinner as a family while Lydia slept. It was wonderful. I love when our schedule works out like this so that I can eat without a baby in my lap. This sounds selfish, but I can carry on conversation with my husband and give Calvin a little extra love. After all, it is rare that my little man is in one place for an extended period of time. We had bbq and southern sides. I made it especially for my Jason because I knew it would be tasty to him. It was simple and lovely to share a meal.

4. Jason and I had a 45 minute conversation about Jesus. We read some Scripture and just organically talked through things. I love this. We both teared up with joy for the greatness of our God. We are so incredibly overwhelmed with the meaning behind being chosen and loved intimately by God. We love these times and treasure them. With two babies under the age of two, 45 minutes together is a little rare.

5. Lydia smiled, cooed and kicked her little legs like a frog in the bathtub. She is so sweet and can be so cheerful.

6. Calvin danced as he watched and listened to a worship performance to a song Jason and I like. It was fantastic. He has always been to drawn to music and loves to express himself, although he can be quite shy about it.

What a day. It was simple and sweet. I needed it. My Jason shared his heart with me and I enjoyed some sweet moments with my babies. Most of all, I remembered the glorious work of Jesus. The redemptive work of the cross is transforming me. His word promises that He will finish the work He started in me. So from a woman who often has a busy heart and mind, remembering Him in the simple daily stuff brings me such joy and gratitude. Thank you Jesus for this sweet day.

Comments

  1. Love it! Keep writing. You'll learn a lot about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a precious angel. I love how you treasure every moment. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to read this, Marri =) I miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope