Poopscapade

So last week Lydia pooped in the tub while all three kids were in it. Disgusting, right? I pull all three of the littles out.  Calvin sits on the big potty, Lydia on the little potty, and Knoxxie runs around naked.  Mind you, L said her tummy hurt and I was running to get her little potty when this delicious moment occurred.  The remains in the tub were everywhere and I was overwhelmed.  However, I grabbed my pink rubber gloves and got to work.  After all, there was a lot of work to be done.  I drained the tub and sanitized the heck out of it.  All the while, Lydia sat.  Calvin sat, and Knox played nearby.  We were okay.  Then, as I finished cleaning L ran into the playroom.  I had asked a number of times if she needed a diaper and she said she wanted to take a bath.  Calvin then announces he pooped in the potty.  I tell him to wait so I can wipe him, but before you know it, he is playing in my closet.  I am beginning to boil over.  I scold him, clean him and get him in the now clean tub.  Then L runs yelling for help.  I run out to find the ultimate poopscapade!  Are you kidding me?  For real?  A toy, quite a bit of the floor, and her are now my next big project after they get bathed.  I decide quickly to clean L in the sink and put her down for a nap.  She obliges with zero complaint!  Thank you!!! I finish bathing the boys and slide each of them in bed as quickly as possible to start this wretched poop cleaning.  Wild!  Right?  You ask, 'why do you share?  That is foul and I am never sitting on your floor again!'  Rest assured, I cleaned and sanitized my floor like crazy!  I share because I was a bit floored about this entire situation which got me thinking.  This crazy s**t-filled day brought me to my knees.  I was angry, disgusted, frustrated, and exhausted.  As a wife and mother, it isn't hard to get there quickly!  My kids are little and train wrecks happen in our home some days.  What hit me the hardest this day was that the attitude of my heart is like bubbles in the bath or just like that massive, explosive poop!  I can create an atmosphere for celebration, grace, forgiveness, training, joy, peace, etc.  You get the point.  Or an atmosphere of harshness, bitterness, frustration, and pain for my littles.  I was convicted!  Big time!  I made some serious apologies to my lovies.  There must be room for my sin to be worked out and this time God used a bath and room full of poop to straighten me out!  Galations 6:9-10 says, “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.”  My heart was hardened and weary of performing what felt so mundane.  I was proud and haughty!  “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).  "A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind" (Ecclesiastes 2:24-26).  What I gather from His word is simply that I was created for good works including the not so glamorous.  With Christ, I can whistle while I work.  This doesn't mean all things are easy but I just find that when my mind and heart are washed in the water of His word that the toil can be had with joy.  I have been rescued from the disaster and devastation of my own sin!  I can rejoice in these truths and work hard with a right heart!  When I don't, I need to repent, confess, and apologize to those who live in the s**t-pool atmosphere that I created!  To God be the glory for my daughter pooping everywhere!  I am listening and waiting for you Lord!

Comments

  1. I love you, Marri. :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Sounds like quite a day! Just remember that your mom lost it a time or 200 and you still turned out perfect. ;-) I love you Sugar and I enjoy your blogs so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing honey. What a day! I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Grit