Momma's prayer

Have you ever felt that nudging worry that you are failing miserably with one of your children?  You know, the kind that keeps you awake at night rehashing every time you lost your cool while disciplining a child?  The snarky comments, raised voices, and dagger eyes that seem to pierce their little souls just roll around in my mind.  Why do I get so angry?  Ugh...  My prayer for my love bugs.

Lord, will they be alright?  I am their Momma, so feeble, so stubborn and so broken.  Lord, help me to change first.  Help me to trust You.  Let me rest in Your grace and relax in Your sovereignty.  Guide me through Your Word and make me a doer of it.  Let my love and apologies be remembered in their hearts above the abundance of my shortcomings and sin.  Mend what I so often break and redeem that which is out of my sight. Lead me to repentance first and guide me to confess openly to those I love.  You are so tender Lord, in Your love for me.  I am ever grateful.  Truly yours because of the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Grit