Aluminum Anniversary...that is just plain funny!

Has it really been ten years?  Really?  How did we get here so quickly?  I mean, there is beautiful evidence that time has past and growth has happened in our marriage.  We are more accepting of one another, more in love, more patient and forgiving.  We work more fluidly together and we are deeply entrenched in parenting our three little love bugs which is so very different than the early 20's version of J&M.  We were selfish, indulgent and always set on having loads of time together and lots of fun (which hasn't changed).  It has been so invigorating to reflect on ten years with my Jason.  We decided a couple of years ago we would go on a trip to celebrate this anniversary.  However, having three babies in 34 months time thwarted those plans.  Shipping breast milk on dry ice did not sound feasible or pleasant in any way, so we decided on a nice little something close to home.  My husband determined a few months back that he was taking care of the planning for our monumental occasion.  Within no time, Jason made our anniversary a covert operation of sorts, but not without a little scandalous dropping of hints that made me all the more curious.  So evidently an anniversary is not play-by-play worthy or appropriate but my love for blogging some of my most memorable moments and thoughts just can't let this one pass without saying a little something.  So here goes...


We jumped in our luxurious minivan (laugh all you want bc it feels like a cadillac to this momma) an hour late because of course I had to primp and smother my kids with loads of kisses before leaving for 24 hours.  I mean it is a lifetime...really.  I thought my love would reveal our first stop en route but no such luck.  I blabbered, put my make-up on, changed my dress all as we drove to our first destination.  Hindsight, Jason probably wondered if I would slow my roll a little.  Lol.  However, by the time we arrived to Fountain Square I had settled down a bit.  He held my hand and swooned over me with his eyes.  We ate a light and delicious lunch at Pure Eatery. We enjoyed real dishes, real flowers, cloth napkins, fine art, tasty sandwiches and most of all great conversation.  It was a delectable start to our little getaway.  I was still hoping for the plan reveal.  No such luck.  My love just kept on with his mysterious plan.  Our next stop was at Calvin Fletcher Coffee House where I had the best cup of coffee ever!  The atmosphere in that coffee shop is just lovely.  He also bought me a beautiful necklace made by women in Uganda from recycled paper.  It is so very pretty!  Our next stop was the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  We walked outside a bit and sipped on our coffee.  We held hands and enjoyed the sun with just a faint breeze.  We talked, laughed, kissed, reminisced, and enjoyed all sorts of art.  Jason watched me all day.  In the whirlwind of our beautiful life we often find ourselves doing things shoulder to shoulder.  We are a blessed team and we work feverishly to do this thing, but how sweet and romantic to have a whole day to be face-to-face.  We often catch glances but oh how delightful to stare into those handsome eyes.  We giggled at some of the art like teenagers and talked about the goodness of God in so many aspects.  We lingered.  I am often hurried with three little ones that demand my attention.  Lingering just felt overindulgent and lovely.  We hopped in the car for our next stop which surprised me the most I think. We went to a second-hand store called Rag-O-Rama in Broad Ripple.  I have been talking about going there for at least a year but had only talked with Jason a few times about it.  We pulled up there and he told me to pick out a few things. Some ladies would prefer Sax Fifth Avenue, but this lady just really enjoys finding a 'find'.  I don't know what it is, but I love the hunt.  I enjoy T.J. Maxx and Goodwill for this very reason.  I loved it.  I felt loved in his attention to such detail.  Our next stop was to purchase an iPhone 4 for me.  Dang!  Spoiled!  This girl has been using the same phone for nearly four years.  It worked just fine.  I have been talking about a smartphone for a  month because I want to capture my kids with a little more ease.  Fancy that!  Marri has a smartphone.  Next my Jason treated me to dinner.  Voted the best Italian in Indy and 5th most romantic eatery, we enjoyed Mama Corrolla's Italian Restaurant.  Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett filled the air and we enjoyed some of the best Italian food I have ever had.  Wow!  Shortly thereafter, my love whisked me off to the Sybaris.  This is where our journey through our 24 hours ends.  :)  Although it is not necessary to have such lavishing, I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the presence of my love.  I think it is valuable and important to celebrate the goodness of God in all things.  One of these such gifts in my life is my marriage to the neatest man I have ever met.  I hope to be more like him and I praise my God for giving him to me.  I love Jesus more because of my Jason.  What a reason to celebrate!


Song of Solomon 5:10-16

The Bride Praises Her Beloved

She

10 My beloved is radiant and ruddy,
     distinguished among ten thousand.
11 His head is the finest gold;
     his locks are wavy,
    black as a raven.
12 His eyes are like doves
    beside streams of water,
bathed in milk,
    sitting beside a full pool.[a]
13 His cheeks are like beds of spices,
    mounds of sweet-smelling herbs.
His lips are lilies,
    dripping liquid myrrh.
14 His arms are rods of gold,
    set with jewels.
His body is polished ivory,[b]
    bedecked with sapphires.[c]
15 His legs are alabaster columns,
    set on bases of gold.
His appearance is like Lebanon,
    choice as the cedars.
16 His mouth[d] is most sweet,
    and he is altogether desirable.
This is my beloved and this is my friend,
    daughters of Jerusalem.

Comments

  1. We were just talking about smart phones at mandis shower!! Sounds like its been a wonderful and memorable event!! Brought me to tears marrs!! Love u!! And congrats on 10 years!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope