Dirty Hamptons

It has been a great day.  Mondays usually kick me in the gut but today has been sweet.  I have been listening to pandora all day which is just uplifting.  I have it on Sarah Groves station and it has played all sorts of folk, gorgeous instrumentals and has included some of my favorite artists right now.  I am dirty.  Mondays are usually dirty Marri.  I usually take a shower at 5pm.  I clean something or organize something.  It is a gritty day for me.  Today I worked in the garage a little while my kids played around me.  We had a little picnic in the front yard.  I took down the tent that has been up in the back yard for the last week.  My neighbors will be thrilled.  They may still think I am a redneck but I am sure they are sighing, "Finally!"  I don't really care.  The kids have thoroughly enjoyed their playtime in the tent.  Calvin corrected my grammar today.  I love that kid.  I could hardly believe it.  He is getting so big.  Lydia exploded a few individual serving formula packages, explored every bag full of crap from my visit with my Mom and Dad, took all of Knox's diapers out of his diaper holder, and ate everything in sight today...carrying it and dropping wherever she may have gone.  Although you can imagine the monster sized mess she made en route, she just delights me with the her pink cheeks, messy curls, girly run, and contagious giggles.  Knox was the same sweet, mellow little man that he always is.  He loved laying on the blanket in the sunshine.  Every time the breeze picked up he smiled.  His naked little body and diapered booty could not have been any sweeter.  Today I am just living in the realness of life.  I am working hard, loving harder, and incredibly grateful to God for where He has me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope