Beautiful Day

I woke up this morning and started off with a wonderful snuggle with my sweet pea. She cooed, grinned, and kicked her little legs Sweet really. It was lovely. Then, I get in the shower, placing her in her little bouncer. Calvin comes and peeks in the shower with his cute little morning, messy-haired grin. All is well. Great.

Then, as I continue getting ready, Calvin finds it interesting to open and close the bathroom door. A problem arises. I am storing up heat in the bathroom for their baths. I tell him no and make him stay in the bathroom with me. Then the crying begins. Soon the crying becomes screaming, snot-faced meltdown. Fun. Real fun. (Please note the sarcasm here.) Then total loss of control for Calvin. He is out of control. I have to force the bath, give Lydia her bath in the midst of his screaming and get both kids lotioned, diapered and dressed. Wow!

Finally, I held his little heart close to mine and soothed that little mind of his. When he gets this out of control, I feel like I have to carry through the discipline aspect by not allowing what he wants, but I also want to communicate to him that he is loved and not out of relationship with me. After sticking to my guns and completing the bath he finally calmed down. I mean, just so you know, his will is iron clad. After his bath, he plopped his naked little toddler butt on the floor and tried with all his might to put his dirty socks back on as if to say to me, "I will have my way Mommy!" By this time, Lydia had heard enough and joined in the choir of scream. Lovely.

Nonetheless, after our morning adventure, we took a walk on this gorgeous day. I needed a little sunshine after listening to the scream choir. I needed the quiet hum of the morning to remind me of His presence. After getting the kids settled in the stroller and baby carrier, we stepped foot outside. Awesome. The sun was almost blinding. The weather was perfect. Sweet Jesus. We walked, talked and rested in the Lord. Mmmmm. Thank you Jesus for Your glory in the midst of my crazy life. After eating some breakfast at Subway, we walked through Wal-Mart grabbed a few trucks for Calvin and walked home. What a joyful escapade. Calvin and Lydia are such a reminder to me of the delight our Lord must have in us. He does not delight in us because of our works, but just because we are His. He has given me some of that same joy for our little ones. Nevermind the scream choir. My heart will always delight in them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope