Rest

Jason and I headed down to Mitchell, Indiana yesterday to hang out and connect with some folks from Grace Bible Church. Dave and Carol Mikulsky showed us around Spring Mill, loved on our kids, and extended warmth and grace to us Hamptons. It is so cool to me that in the midst of planting Redemption Hill Church that God has sent people like Dave and Carol into our lives to encourage us. Jason really enjoys the wisdom and care that Dave has offered to him. A few weeks ago, they traveled together to an A29 Regional event and when Jason returned and gave me the brief overview of his time away from home, he told me that Darrin Patrick's teaching was really great but spending time with Dave was like 'honey to his soul'. Now, if you know my Jason you know that these are not words that come easily by him. He is not a poetic dude overall, nor is he a guy that is really into fluffy or flattering words. What I understood from this conversation was that Dave Mikulsky had poured over him some of the sweet aroma of Jesus and Jason was truly soothed, encouraged and comforted. Church planting is tough, good but tough. Sometimes we really need these moments to rest in the gospel. Dave gospeled Jason. I am so grateful. We got the very same treatment yesterday with them. They fed us well (this is a great way straight to the Hampton's heart), took us on a little walk through Spring Mill, played with and enjoyed our children, and listened to the passion and zeal that Christ has placed in our hearts for Redemption Hill Church. My momma heart even got to talk about mommy things that I love. We needed that. We needed it more than we knew. As we chatted on the way home, we were overwhelmed with the warmth and love of the Mikulsky's. Our God is mighty and it was awesome to see His love displayed in His church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope