The Hamptons and Halloween

So prior to our Halloween extravaganza, we Hamptons had a little family check on where we want to go as a family with this holiday. Jason and I read a good article posted on The Resurgence, but more than that we discussed our hopes and goals for our family. It was good and intentional. :)

So, this year we decided to wait on dressing Calvin up. We thought it would be really fun to have him dress up as a dog, since he is obsessed with them and looks so cute when he says 'woof'. However, he has been showing some fear around this season and honestly we were a bit broke since it is the end of my maternity leave. The money it would have taken to buy a costume and candy just seemed unwise for us this year. Instead, we thought it would be best to give out candy in our neighborhood and meet a few people. So we did! We had such a great time. Calvin ran around the yard and thankfully seemed okay with the fact that some people were dressed up in scary costumes. He was more focused on the fact that there were kids everywhere. It was cold but felt really great to engage our neighbors.

After our candy was gone, which was a little early in the game, we headed over to an event happening in Heartland Crossing. Our two previous churches have actually merged and threw the Halloween Spectacular (my name for their event) here in our community. It was a smash hit! It warmed my heart to see so many people that we love and have missed over the last few years. It was also incredibly encouraging to see all of those people love on this community. I have no idea how many people were there but they went through 1500 hot dogs in the first hour. Cool! We wrapped up our Halloween just chatting with quite a few people that are so dear to us. What a gift to me to see and share with so many people that I love!

I hope you all had a great Halloween. I encourage you to be intentional with your family, pray and seek the Lord as you make decisions about how you will teach your children through each season as it passes. Let Jesus be made much of in your homes and use every oppurtunity to give Him glory. After all, He is more precious than anything.

Comments

  1. I love reading your blogs. I miss you and your family so much. As soon as the fever breaks, I need to visit! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope