His hand

I woke up this morning with what felt like 20 extra lbs all over. I didn't feel sick just really tired. I need sleep. My baby girl is still waking up about 2-3 times per night. She eats so much at night that I've had a hard time attempting to change that. I'm just worn out. You know that morning when every landing of your feet feels like a 'thud, thud'. That was how I felt. So I get up this morning to get my baby girl from her bed to feed her. Each step takes a little extra effort but you gotta do what you gotta do right? We settle back into bed for her morning nurse. She has the sweetest little waking up faces. Even with her hazy eyes she is a determined little thing to see me and smile in the morning. Her little smile just lights up the room. We enjoyed our little Momma-Sweet pea time and it was time to get moving. So I get her dressed. I did change her about three times. Poor girl. As indecisive as I was this morning she coped well. Anyhow, she was happy, cooing and sweet.

Then I wake up my little dude. He was out. I really had to rub his hair and belly to get him up. I knew my morning was heading south at this point. He had to have a bath before heading to church. He hates baths in the morning. He wants his 'muulkk', monkey and snuggles for at least 20 minutes and I could only give him about 5 minutes of snuggle. He cried, begged, and continued to try to show me what he wanted. I mean at almost two he kept trying to communicate his desires because I would definitely give him what he wanted if I just understood. He was assured of that let me tell you. It was not fun. In the midst of his tearful attempts at making me understand, he peed on the floor, stuck his hands in it and cried some more. Now we're getting into some 'Moments with Marri' here. By the end of his bath, Lydia and Calvin had their own little scream choir. Meanwhile, at the height of the melodrama, I read a text from Jason that he needs me at church early and needs me to bring a few things. Oh my! OH MY! Now I'm stressed and more hurried than before. Oh how I wanted to climb back into my bed and hide under my covers. Funny, right? So I dismiss that thought with a bit of a chuckle for the humor in my wishing for the impossible and carry on with getting my kids ready. Here I am thinking...Faster Marri FASTER. Don't make your children crazy with your stress. Swallow hard, settle down and be efficient!

Finally, I get to church early enough but later than I'd hoped and got people the corresponding things that Jason asked me to bring. As I walk through the door, one of the lovely ladies that just delights my heart tells me she is pregnant. I am overjoyed. My crazy morning just shifted and I wanted to dance. No, I wanted to party! What a joyous moment for a lovely couple. As my heart and mind are full of cheer, I take my kids to the nursery and as always I linger there. I don't know what it is but something about seeing Calvin settle in, chatting with those working in the nursery and taking a moment to calm my own heart just prepares me for worship. With the hustle and bustle and the excitement of such great news, I needed a moment. I took it. As I was walking down to the the worship area, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a dear friend of mine that I haven't seen in years. I ran to her, hugged her and held her. I cried and she cried. God has laid her heavily upon my heart and I have been praying for her. All of my morning moments were timed by God Himself to bring me to this one. You see this moment was orchestrated by God perfectly. The stealing of moments with my hazy-eyed Lydia, changing of the outfits, morning snuggles with Calvin, scream choir, pee on the floor, text messages from Jason, good news from my girl about being pregnant and lingering with all of my loves in the nursery had led to this moment for me. You see, as important as all of the moments leading up to this one, God showed me Himself in seeing my old friend. A few months ago He laid it upon my heart to contact my dear old friend and had done so through a dream. I was disobedient. I did not call her because I was afraid she would think I was a nut job had a I told her about this dream He gave me. This morning, He showed me that He is good and He orchestrated the timing of her arrival and mine in the foyer of Southport Presbyterian Church at Southview Campus on His schedule. She was going to The Bridge Church with her family upstairs and RHC meets downstairs. I would not have run into her if it was not for God Himself arranging my morning just as it was. The warmth I felt this morning because of my God through this meeting reminded me of how sweet, tender and intentional our God is with us. He will have His way, despite the guilt I felt over not calling my dear friend, He used an abundance of treasured moments to remind me boldly of His grace. I will be following up with my dear old friend just as He told me to. Most of all, I'll never forget what He showed me in the intricacies of His plan despite my inability to see and understand it all. My Lord got my attention this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story I never wanted to tell

A Whisper: Your Pain is Not Sovereign

Dare to Hope